StatCounter

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

That Feeling

I feel really good right now.

You know when you're just happy for no real reason? That used to happen to me a lot in New York. I'd be out for a wander in Brooklyn, and the light would catch in a funny, sparkly way, and I would just start smiling like I was drunk or something. A puppy would be acting all cute and stuff, or a car would stop short for no reason, or I'd see a person checking out one of those "FREE" boxes of books in front of a stoop. The realization of my own present-ness, I guess you could put it.

one of those "light just right" days in Brooklyn
It's like that feeling when your sheets are clean, or when your favorite song comes on the radio, or that boy you like texts you. Tiny moments that just make you feel lighter, I guess. Even if everything else isn't going your way.
clean white sheets...yesssss
I mean, today I woke up on purpose. I have decided that sleeping until noon just isn't an option every day, even if I am still unemployed. So I got up. I made breakfast. I showered. I wrote emails. I ran errands and voted. I met someone for coffee. I decorated for Halloween.

Halloween decor on my door
And no, it wasn't a banner day, necessarily. Nothing crazy happened, nothing terrible, nothing I'd brag about to anyone specifically.

picture-perfect fall day
But like...I feel good. I am happy with myself and the person I am, and just because I don't have a job to go to every day, that doesn't mean everything is terrible. We are all doing the best we can, and you know what? Some days that is absolutely, perfectly GREAT.

So I hope you all have one of those mini feel-good moments soon, because I think they are what make it all worth it.


1 comment:

  1. I love this and I love reading your blog. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete