StatCounter

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

So Here's What is Happening

Since arriving home, it's been fairly quiet, but life is not without its surprises. Here's what has been happening chez moi since I last wrote:

1. my car got towed...it was, according to the towing guy, "a rite of passage for living in Athens," but it still left me -$138.89
2. I've gotten back into my baking pants and made two quiches and some banana-pear-brandy bread (which was a Natalie-altered recipe, and a great success!)
3. made lots of walks around my neighborhood and I'm happy to report not too many changes, lots of cats, and a few deer/bunny sightings
4. I tore up my finger pads on a bouldering trip and they hurt, a lot
5. my room has been reorganized, and yesterday I opened 3 boxes from my apartment in Brooklyn...progress!
6. I've applied to a few jobs in town, have yet to hear back from any of them
7. apparently it costs about $100 to get my substitute teaching license; therefore, it's on the back burner, because I would rather get a job for free than pay for one
8. been fighting many random, middle-of-the-day headaches, which means many random, middle-of-the-day naps
9. I upgraded my phone, which was long-overdue, and now I can see 100% of the screen, instead of 66%
10. I've seen a few people from high school and have succeeded in not acting like I'm still in high school (aka awkward and self-conscious)!

Here are a few iPhone shots I've taken of my past 10 days at home:

dog butts while walking the 'hood
injuries
the aforementioned banana-pear-brandy bread
deer, chillin'
potted plants in the front yard
the brown dalmatian is hiding under the covers somewhere

No comments:

Post a Comment